Summer Celebration Lawn & Garden Show
July 10, 2014
In 2014 we tip our hat to tradition...make that Southern tradition! With some of the South's best gardeners on the program, we'll explore our roots when it comes to gardening and the great outdoors.
Our list of speakers includes the incomparable Felder Rushing, who will discuss the history of bottle trees and southern gardens. (He'll also have books to sell.) UT Extension Horticulturist Carol Reese will highlight southern favorites, like magnolia and camellia, that are better than ever. And our UT Gardens Curator Jason Reeves will explore the motto of many Southerners and show visitors how to "Turn Trash to Treasure."
Of course, Summer Celebration will feature the fabulous plantings of the UT Gardens Jackson, which is part of our state botanical gardens. And Jason is planning some thrilling bottle tree displays that are sure to delight our guests.
We'll be posting more soon, so check back for details. Or visit us on Facebook at UT Gardens Jackson!
- Need to Know:
- Master Gardeners' Plant Sale begins at 9 a.m.
- Garden Lectures begin at 10 a.m.
- Admission is $5 for adults, free for children 17 and under.
- Don't Miss:
- Felder Rushing's history of bottle trees and southern gardens. He's speaking three times indoors.
- UT Entomologist Frank Hale's presentation on a new and very damaging pest to small fruits, the Winged Fruit Fly.
- "Cutting Back", Amy Fulcher's take on pruning.
If you've never been to UT's Summer Celebration...
For more information on Summer Celebration, email us at: email@example.com
Spicy Salsa & Relish - Homemade! (Recipes from the Family and Consumer Science Dept...all were made at Summer Celebration 2008)